A Wee Bit Stouty
Had some grain sitting around from other brews that never materialized, decided to make a 3 gallon batch. When I threw the ingredients in ProMash, it looked like a stout.
Brew date: November 11, 2013 Batch Size (Gal): 3.00 Measured OG: 1.053 Anticipated SRM: 39.8 [ ] Anticipated IBU: 30.0 Grain/Extract/Sugar % Amount Name Origin Potential 50.0 3.00 lbs. Briess DME Pilsen Light USA 1.043 16.7 1.00 lbs. Biscuit Malt Belgian 1.035 16.7 1.00 lbs. Pale Chocolate British 1.031 16.7 1.00 lbs. Special B Malt Belgian 1.030 Hops Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time 0.25 oz. Sorachi Ace Whole 11.80 20.7 60 min 2.00 oz. Sonnet Whole 3.30 9.3 10 min Yeast Special blend of WSP-001 Wild Ale and a Farmhouse blend. Basically, I just took a few scoops from some old jars of yeast and made a starter to see if they were still viable. Smelled good, looked like decent activity, so I went ahead and decanted and pitched that into this batch.
Brewer's log (view full log)
Fermentation was vigorous for a couple days, enough so that I was very glad I'd rigged a blowout tube instead of an airlock. So, definitely no concerns about th. . . . . [view full post]
As indicated in the summary for this brew, it was more a spontaneous collection of existing ingredients than a planned recipe. The efficiency of the mash was a. . . . . [view full post]
Notes: (view full notes)